No matter if you’re just going vegan or have been vegan for a while, it’s always nice to have some helpful resources on hand. I’ve found a few books to be particularly helpful for my vegan diet and lifestyle.
1. Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin – This was one of the first books I ever read that promoted a vegan diet and lifestyle. I have always loved it’s up front approach and the straight forward manner in which the authors present you with things. Most of the information within comes from sources such as the FDA and USDA that non-vegans have a hard time arguing with. It’s a quick read and really makes you think.
2. Main Street Vegan: Everything You Need to Know to Eat Healthfully and Live Compassionately in the Real World by Victoria Moran – I was recently a guest on Main Street Vegan Radio, which was in incredible honor. This book covers all aspects of a vegan lifestyle and is especially perfect for those transitioning into a vegan lifestyle.
3. Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It! by Kris Carr – This book is great if you are interested in adapting a plant based vegan diet, or if you want to clean up your vegan diet. Carr’s story of living with cancer is truly amazing. It really makes you think about how everything you put into your body effects your health and your life.
4. La Dolce Vegan!: Vegan Livin’ Made Easy by Sarah Kramer – This book is great for those living a vegan lifestyle. It’s informative, practical and unique. Kramer brings a refreshing voice to the table as she’s not afraid to express herself and share her thoughts. I was very surprised and excited when she referenced a post from Logical Harmony on the GoVegan.net blog. She also runs a vegan boutique, so her Twitter and Instagram feeds continue to keep you up to date on the latest and greatest vegan offerings out there.
5. Vegan’s Daily Companion: 365 Days of Inspiration for Cooking, Eating, and Living Compassionately by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau – Having written several cookbooks, it was great to add this book to my collection. It offers daily tips, thoughts and inspirations for living your vegan lifestyle. For those new to a vegan diet and lifestyle, it would be the perfect addition to The 30-Day Vegan Challenge.
What have been some of your favorite resources for starting your vegan lifestyle and staying inspired?
Editor’s note: This post contains sponsored content in the form of links to a third-party website.