Each month I look forward to receiving the Vegan Cuts beauty box because I know that it will contain small and independent brands that are new to me. The Vegan Cuts September Beauty Box introduced me to four new brands.
The Vegan Cuts Beauty Box is a monthly subscription service that delivers several cruelty free and vegan items directly to your door. It can also be shipped worldwide! Prices start at $19.95 per month. It’s a great way to try new brands and new products without the commitment of buying the full-size version.
Included in the Vegan Cuts September Beauty Box that I received was:
- Suncoat Natural Mascara in Black – This was one of the full size products in this months box. This mascara is sugar-based and contains Vitamin E to help condition your lashes. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the ingredient list was something that I could understand. It’s great for a very natural look. I had to apply six coats of this mascara to get the look I normally achieve with one coat of my favorite non-natural mascara. As far as natural mascaras go, this is one of the better mascaras that I have tried. The formula wasn’t too watery and could be built up a bit with multiple coats. This will be nice to have on hand for days when I want to wear lighter makeup, but I do not see this becoming a go-to item for myself. This full size product retails for $14.99.
- Lunachick Cosmetic Labs Kromatick Silk Loos Eyehadow in Dr. Jekyll – This mineral shadow is a brownish gold shade. I can see this being a good shade that will work for most complexions. It goes on very pigmented and the color stays put. It’s definitely a nice shadow formula. The color is one that I plan to use, but will blend with other shades. At first I thought that this was a full size product but, after opening the shadow pot, I think that it may be a sample of product in a full size package. The shadow pot is about 1/4 full. The packaging is not what the brand advertises their eyeshadows coming in on their website, so I’m not sure how much product I received. The full size version of this product retails for $12.00.
- Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub – This deluxe sample size is the only product in the box that I have yet to try. This is because I have been using some similar products recently. I looked up some reviews, as I always do before using this type of product, and it has great reviews. This scrub has a very fresh lemony scent. The ingredients look to have a great blend of moisturizing oils to help balance out the citrus oils. The sample included in this months box was labelled with the statement “Sample Not For Resale”, which was a odd to me considering that people pay for the subscription box. The full size version of this product retails for $32.50.
- Clark’s Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask – This deluxe sample is a hydrating mask for dry skin. I really like that Vegan Cuts put this product in the same box as the scrub. This mask has a soft floral scent that, to me, smells like Jasmine. Reading the ingredients, I do wish that this was a more natural product. I am not sure what a lot of the ingredients are and, while it worked well, I admit that I am more inclined to spend money on a skin care product made from high quality natural ingredients. The full size version of this product retails for $72.00.
- Only Goodness Inside My Goodness Deodorant in Regular – This sample size came in a tube that is similar to what eye drops come in. It’s a gel formula that you apply with your fingers. It also claims to be the “healthiest longest lasting deodorant on earth“. While the formula did feel nice on my fingers, I did not feel that it applied well under my arms. I also did not feel that it was the longest lasting deodorant I have tried, much less the longest lasting in the world. That being said, this is a great option for those looking for a very small travel size deodorant to have on hand. I can see it being a great item to toss in your makeup bag for on-the-go use. The full size version of this product retails for $10.95.
This beauty box included several sample sized items and one full size item. The full sized item that was included retails for $14.99. As previously stated in this post, I am unclear if the eyeshadow that was included was a full size product or not. Because of this, I am not sure what the value of this box was compared to the $19.95 price tag.
I liked several of the items included, but the only item I may purchase on my own is the Lunachick Cosmetic Labs loose eyeshadow in another color. I like the Suncoat mascara and will continue to use it on light makeup days. I do like that I got to try four new brands with this box and that it had a variety of items.
Editor’s Note: The product(s) featured in this post were provided by a representative of the company named in this post for editorial consideration. Please note that all reviews are 100% honest and a product would not receive a favorable review unless it provided favorable results.