With it turning into spring, I’ve been cravings lots of fresh vegetables. I love that the days are longer, and I can’t wait for it to start getting warmer! This is one of my favorite salads recently because it’s so fresh, yummy, and filling. It’s a big mix of vegetables with my favorite “honey” dijon vinaigrette.
What you will need to make Kale Salad with Grilled Tofu & Mixed Veggies:
- 1 bunch of kale, with the stems removed, and torn into small pieces. I like Tuscan kale for this recipe.
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 cup raw sauerkraut. Any flavor will work for this. Lately, I’m loving the Garlic and Dill flavor from Sonoma Brinery.
- 1/4 cup of mixed sprouted beans
- 4 oz tofu, grilled or raw
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
What you will need to make “Honey” Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 2 fresh lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink seasalt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup oil of your choice
How to make Kale Salad with Grilled Tofu & Mixed Veggies:
- In a medium sized bowl, massage the kale. Massage for at least 5 minutes to really break the kale down. It should turn a bright green during this process.
- Add in the vegetables, sprouts, sauerkraut, and sprouted beans. Feel free to adjust this combination to your tastes or what you have at home already.
- If you want to grill your tofu, this is a great time to do so. I cook mine on the stove top in a pan with a little bit of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos. Sometimes I also add basil and oregano. Feel free to eat your tofu plain though!
- Add in the tofu, sprinkle with cayenne pepper, and top with the ”honey” dijon vinaigrette.