On busy days, smoothies are a great way to get vegetables, fruit, and protein into your diet without a lot of fuss. They are quick, easy, and portable. Smoothie bowls, on the other hand, are perfect for lazier mornings. They are lovely to eat out on the back porch with my morning tea and a book. I like to make mine a little more substantial by adding in fresh fruit, dried fruit, chia seeds, and hemp seeds. To add a little extra something to this smoothie bowl, I added some vanilla Perfect Fit protein.
Perfect Fit was created by the girls who founded Tone It Up . It comes in two flavors, is organic, gluten-free, kosher, and vegan! Perfect Fit comes in two forms – a 50 serving bag or a package of 20 individual packets. Perfect Fit is brown rice protein. I’ve tried it in smoothies and to make protein pancakes and was really happy with it. It’s sweet and does contain stevia, but it’s not overly sweet like other protein powders that I have tried.
What you will need to make Banana, Kale & Mango Smoothie Bowl with Perfect Fit Protein:
- 1 packet vanilla Perfect Fit
- 1 cup kale
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 1 banana
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Optional toppings – fresh and frozen berries, sliced fresh banana, dried goji berries, dried mulberries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cocoa nibs
How to make Banana, Kale & Mango Smoothie Bowl with Perfect Fit Protein:
- Add the Perfect Fit, kale, frozen mango, and banana in the blender. Then pour the coconut milk over.
- Blend until smooth, adding more coconut milk as needed. I use a Vitamix high speed blender. If you have a regular blender, you will likely need to add more liquid to your mix.
- Top with sliced banana, frozen raspberries, goji berries, mulberries, hemp seeds and anything else you would like!