Chia seed pudding is a healthy way to have your deserts. I love this coconut vanilla chia pudding in the morning with some fresh fruit on the side. It’s delicious, filling, and just sweet enough to satisfy any sweet craving. I like to top mine with shredded coconut, blueberries, and raw cocao nibs but it’s also great plain.
Did you know that one-ounce of chia seeds contains 18% of your recommended daily intake for calcium, 5 grams of omega-3 fatty acids, 28 grams of fiber, 30% of your recommended daily intake for manganese, and almost 10% of your recommended daily intake for protein? Chia is a super food for good reason.
What you will need to make Coconut Vanilla Chia Pudding:
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (2 tablespoons is one-ounce)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Optional toppings – unsweetened shredded coconut, fresh blueberries, raw cocao nibs
How to make Coconut Vanilla Chia Pudding:
- Combine the chia seeds, vanilla, and agave and mix well.
- Add in the coconut milk.
- Let sit 15 minutes to several hours, until the milk is absorbed by the chia seeds. This can easily be made in a jar overnight (put it in your refrigerator) to be enjoyed in the morning!
- Top with shredded coconut, blueberries, and cocao nibs before serving.
Do you make breakfast quinoa? What are your favorite add-ins?