Recently I received the Candy Coat collection to review from NCLA. Easily one of my favorite nail polish brands out there, NCLA is cruelty free, vegan, and 5 free. The Candy Coat collection is four shades of textured matte polish.
The four shades have each been reviewed already here on Logical Harmony. Those reviews also include swatches of each shade. Read on to see a swatch and easily find the full reviews and more images.
Read more →
I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t like pizza. The main concern that I have is keeping it simple, delicious, and relatively healthy. This Mediterranean inspired pizza is one of my favorites to make. I have always loved the mix of oregano, garlic, artichokes and olives. This pizza would be great with a little bit of fresh lemon juice squeezed over it to brighten the flavors. Add in a salad and some skinny raspberry lemonade and you have a pretty healthy meal in under an hour.
What you will need to Mediterranean Inspired Vegan Pizza:
- Pizza dough. I’ll be honest here, pizza dough is something I have issues getting perfect when making from scratch. To save myself time and frustration I buy pre-made vegan dough. Trader Joe’s has fresh dough and frozen that is vegan. This was made with their frozen dough.
- Tomato sauce or fresh tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 cup kale, torn into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 package Daiya garlic and jalapeno Havarti-style vegan cheese. Feel free to use any other vegan cheese substitute or none at all.
- 1 can artichoke hearts, cut into quarters. For an especially delicious pizza, roast your own artichokes the day before and slice them for the pizza.
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
How to make Mediterranean Inspired Vegan Pizza:
- Pre-heat your oven according to package directions or to 425. If needed, roll out the pizza dough.
- Layer the ingredients on in any order you prefer. I start with the sauce or tomatoes and work down the above list, finishing with the black olives.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (or according to package directions). The crust should be golden brown and the vegan cheese bubbly.
- Slice and enjoy!
This pizza is great for days when you need an easy and delicious meal to share. I like to make it and eat it outside on our back porch. On some days when the weather is perfect out but I don’t have the time to start up the BBQ, this is a great alternative.
I love getting comments on the recipe posts and please tag me if you share a picture on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
It’s no secret that I love NCLA polishes. Recently, they released the Candy Coat collection. These textured polishes dry matte for a unique finish. I received the collection of four polishes for review and am very excited to share my thoughts with you.
Claims: “Keep the facts straight but sugarcoat your nails with this icy blue nail lacquer that dries to a sweet matte finish.”
Read more →
Right now, there are two acts headed towards Congress in the United States. One would ban animal testing, and the other would require it. In February an update about the Safe Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Act of 2013 (SCPCPA) was posted on Logical Harmony. In March, news of the second proposed act, the Humane Cosmetics Act, was posted. Since that time I have been frequently asked for updates on both proposed acts.
The Safe Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Act has been around since spring of 2013. While the overall goal of this act would be to reduce the need for animal testing by creating alternatives, it would require animal testing during a research phase. Despite the fact that the bill has not made progress forward, it has also not made any progress in the opposite direction. The bill now has 25 cosponsors, and still has a 1% chance of getting past committee.
The Humane Cosmetics Act was introduced in March of 2014 and would ban animal testing in the United States. Since that time, it has made progress forward! This proposed bill currently has a 6% chance of getting past committee. This bill also has 35 cosponsorsThis is great news because it shows much more traction towards a ban on animal testing than a requirement.
While the Humane Cosmetics Act does seem to be moving forward at a quicker pace, it’s important to keep spreading the word about how outdated animal testing is. The United States placing a ban on animal testing would be a huge step forward.
It’s no secret that I love NCLA polishes. They are always coming out with new collections in some of the cutest colors! Recently, they released the Candy Coat collection. These textured polishes dry matte for a unique finish. I received the collection for review and am very excited to share my thoughts with you.
Claims: “Flaunt it with this shimmering green nail lacquer with a perfect sugar-encrusted texture.”
Read more →