I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t like pizza. The main concern that I have is keeping it simple, delicious, and relatively healthy. This Mediterranean inspired pizza is one of my favorites to make. I have always loved the mix of oregano, garlic, artichokes and olives. This pizza would be great with a little bit of fresh lemon juice squeezed over it to brighten the flavors. Add in a salad and some skinny raspberry lemonade and you have a pretty healthy meal in under an hour.
What you will need to Mediterranean Inspired Vegan Pizza:
- Pizza dough. I’ll be honest here, pizza dough is something I have issues getting perfect when making from scratch. To save myself time and frustration I buy pre-made vegan dough. Trader Joe’s has fresh dough and frozen that is vegan. This was made with their frozen dough.
- Tomato sauce or fresh tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 cup kale, torn into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 package Daiya garlic and jalapeno Havarti-style vegan cheese. Feel free to use any other vegan cheese substitute or none at all.
- 1 can artichoke hearts, cut into quarters. For an especially delicious pizza, roast your own artichokes the day before and slice them for the pizza.
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
How to make Mediterranean Inspired Vegan Pizza:
- Pre-heat your oven according to package directions or to 425. If needed, roll out the pizza dough.
- Layer the ingredients on in any order you prefer. I start with the sauce or tomatoes and work down the above list, finishing with the black olives.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (or according to package directions). The crust should be golden brown and the vegan cheese bubbly.
- Slice and enjoy!
This pizza is great for days when you need an easy and delicious meal to share. I like to make it and eat it outside on our back porch. On some days when the weather is perfect out but I don’t have the time to start up the BBQ, this is a great alternative.