It’s long been said that having a cup of lemon water first thing in the morning is one of the best things that you can do for yourself. Oprah, Kathy Freston, Miranda Kerr, Jennifer Aniston and others have all talked about starting their day with lemon water.
- Lemons are alkalizing and can help restore the body’s PH levels. This is important in keep your health up.
- Lemons have natural anti-bacterial properties and contain a Vitamin C. This makes them perfect for helping with colds, a sore throat and other common ailments.
- Due to the anti-bacterial properties, Vitaminc C and B vitamins they contain, lemon water is also great for your skin.
- Lemons contain 22 compounds which are said to help prevent cancer. Drinking lemon water can also lower blood pressure, and the high potassium levels in lemons ward off even more diseases.
- Lemon water helps give your metabolism a kick start by aiding with digestion. Some even say that drinking lemon water helps fight hunger cravings.
- Lemon water will help with detoxification. Not only does it help to keep you hydrated, but it works to help flush toxins out of your liver. This works especially well when paired with the occasional detox bath.
Do you drink lemon water? I try to have at least one glass a day. It can be difficult when lemons aren’t in season, but it’s always a refreshing way to start or end my day. Knowing the benefits is just an added bonus!