We all have our weaknesses when it comes to food. One of mine comes in the form of fries with rosemary sea salt and garlic sauce from a local food joint. The other day I had a huge craving for their fries but wanted to find a way to make a healthier alternative at home. These baked sweet potato fries are seasoned to give them a lot of flavor.
While my favorite spice combination is rosemary, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper you can spice these any way you like! Curry powder is delicious. So is a kick of cayenne. These baked sweet potato fries are really easy to make and, with the seasonings and sauce, come out feeling so fancy. They are great alone or with a salad or your favorite vegan burger.
What you will need to make Baked Sweet Potato Fries:
- 6 small sweet potatoes (about palm sized)
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Optional additional seasonings: 1/4 teaspoon curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
How to make Baked Sweet Potato Fries:
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash the sweet potatoes well. Use a vegetable scrubber if you have one, or use a wet towel. Dry and cut into wedges, slices, or chunks. Whatever style you prefer. I usually trim the ends off mine as well.
- Combine the salt, garlic powder, pepper, and rosemary in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Put the sweet potatoes into a small bowl and add just enough olive oil to coat them – about 1 tablespoon. Toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with the seasoning mix and toss more.
- Lay the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil and bake for another 1-2 minutes per side, until the fries are a bit more browned and crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
How to make Lemon Garlic Mayo Dipping Sauce:
- 1-3 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl or food processor and mix